- 1 Who is likely to have the strongest disgust reactions?
- 2 Which approach is generally most successful at reducing anger?
- 3 Which of the following emotions has been referred to as the shadow of intelligence?
- 4 Which emotion is considered to be a basic emotion by most psychologists?
- 5 How do you overcome feeling of disgust?
- 6 What is the feeling of disgust?
- 7 What are the 3 types of anger?
- 8 Why do I get angry so easily?
- 9 What is the best medication for anger?
- 10 What is physical arousal?
- 11 Which of the following best summarizes the findings of research on flashbulb memories?
- 12 What are the 7 human emotions?
- 13 What are the 4 core emotions?
- 14 What are the 10 basic emotions?
Who is likely to have the strongest disgust reactions?
Women generally report greater disgust than men, especially regarding sexual disgust or general repulsiveness which have been argued to be consistent with women being more selective regarding sex for evolutionary reasons.
Which approach is generally most successful at reducing anger?
Which approach is generally MOST successful at reducing anger? Getting rid of it. According to catharsis theory, expressing negative emotions produces a healthy release and is therefore good for the psyche.
Which of the following emotions has been referred to as the shadow of intelligence?
The emotion of anxiety has been referred to as “the shadow of intelligence ” because.
Which emotion is considered to be a basic emotion by most psychologists?
The most fundamental emotions, known as the basic emotions, are those of anger, disgust, fear, happiness, sadness, and surprise. Cognitive appraisal also allows us to experience a variety of secondary emotions.
How do you overcome feeling of disgust?
8 Mindful Ways to Deal with Your Unpleasant Feelings
- Start Exactly Where You Are. This is probably the most important aspect of being able to be with our experience.
- Allow Rather Than Accept.
- Be Curious.
- Ask Questions of Your Internal Experience.
- Find Balance Between Challenge and Support.
- Respond with Flexibility.
- Remember That You Are Only Human.
- Recognize That Help Is Needed.
What is the feeling of disgust?
Disgust is one of the seven universal emotions and arises as a feeling of aversion towards something offensive. We can feel disgusted by something we perceive with our physical senses (sight, smell, touch, sound, taste), by the actions or appearances of people, and even by ideas.
What are the 3 types of anger?
There are three types of anger which help shape how we react in a situation that makes us angry. These are: Passive Aggression, Open Aggression, and Assertive Anger.
Why do I get angry so easily?
Some common anger triggers include: personal problems, such as missing a promotion at work or relationship difficulties. a problem caused by another person such as cancelling plans. an event like bad traffic or getting in a car accident.
What is the best medication for anger?
Prescription and Over-the-Counter Medications Antidepressants such as Prozac, Celexa and Zoloft are commonly prescribed for anger issues. These drugs do not specifically target anger within the body, but they do have a calming effect that can support control of rage and negative emotion.
What is physical arousal?
Arousal is the physiological and psychological state of being awoken or of sense organs stimulated to a point of perception.
Which of the following best summarizes the findings of research on flashbulb memories?
Which of the following best summarizes the findings of research on flashbulb memories? Flashbulb memories are more vivid and confidently held than non-emotional memories, but no more accurate. The researchers called participants three weeks later, and asked them to rate how much they liked their new poster.
What are the 7 human emotions?
Based on his theory, Ekman proposed that there are seven emotional expressions universal to people all over the world: happiness, sadness, surprise, fear, anger, disgust, and contempt.
What are the 4 core emotions?
There are four kinds of basic emotions: happiness, sadness, fear, and anger, which are differentially associated with three core affects: reward (happiness), punishment (sadness), and stress (fear and anger).
What are the 10 basic emotions?
Terms in this set ( 10 )