- 1 What does it mean when your arm hurts after you eat?
- 2 Why does my chest and arm hurt after I eat?
- 3 How do I stop my shoulder and arm from hurting?
- 4 When should I worry about arm pain?
- 5 When should you see a doctor for arm pain?
- 6 What part of arm hurts with heart attack?
- 7 How long does your arm hurt before a heart attack?
- 8 Can pain in the right arm be a sign of heart attack?
- 9 How can I tell if I tore my rotator cuff?
- 10 What is right arm pain a symptom of?
- 11 What causes pain in upper arm between elbow and shoulder?
- 12 Why do I have a dull ache in my arm?
- 13 What does cardiac arm pain feel like?
- 14 What does a pinched nerve in the arm feel like?
What does it mean when your arm hurts after you eat?
The takeaway Simultaneous chest and arm pain could be signs of something as temporary and mild as a muscle strain or as serious as a heart attack. Noting the type of pain is important in deciding whether to see a doctor immediately. If the pain is more of a burning sensation during or after a meal, it may be heartburn.
Why does my chest and arm hurt after I eat?
If you have overindulged or eaten greasy or spicy foods, you may experience a scorching feeling in your chest. This could be heartburn, which is a symptom of acid reflux and is caused by GERD, or gastroesophageal reflux disease.
How do I stop my shoulder and arm from hurting?
- Put ice on the shoulder area for 15 minutes, then leave it off for 15 minutes. Do this 3 to 4 times a day for 2 to 3 days.
- Rest your shoulder for the next few days.
- Slowly return to your regular activities.
- Taking ibuprofen or acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) may help reduce inflammation and pain.
When should I worry about arm pain?
Seek emergency treatment if you have: Arm, shoulder or back pain that comes on suddenly, is unusually severe, or is accompanied by pressure, fullness or squeezing in your chest (this may signal a heart attack)
When should you see a doctor for arm pain?
If you have arm pain but no obvious injury that needs emergency care, you should see your doctor as soon as possible if the pain is severe, you have trouble moving and using your arm, or the sensation to your arm, hand or fingers is abnormal.
What part of arm hurts with heart attack?
2. Heart attack. Often, an initial symptom of a heart attack is sudden left arm pain that gets increasingly intense over the course of a few minutes.
How long does your arm hurt before a heart attack?
The American Heart Association advise calling 911 if sudden left arm pain gets worse over a few minutes or occurs alongside any of the following symptoms: discomfort at the center of the chest that lasts longer than a few minutes or goes away and then returns.
Can pain in the right arm be a sign of heart attack?
Unexplained shoulder and arm pain can sometimes be a warning sign of a heart attack. A heart attack is a medical emergency. People should see a doctor if they are concerned about pain in the right shoulder and arm. The doctor will work to diagnose the underlying issue and provide appropriate treatment.
How can I tell if I tore my rotator cuff?
The most common symptoms of a rotator cuff tear include:
- Pain at rest and at night, particularly if lying on the affected shoulder.
- Pain when lifting and lowering your arm or with specific movements.
- Weakness when lifting or rotating your arm.
- Crepitus or crackling sensation when moving your shoulder in certain positions.
What is right arm pain a symptom of?
Causes of right arm pain Right arm pain can have a number of causes. It could be a musculoskeletal pain such as a sprain, pulled or strained muscle, bursitis or tendinitis (tennis elbow). This is often the case for right -handed people.
What causes pain in upper arm between elbow and shoulder?
Pain between the shoulder and elbow Some causes are: Rotator cuff disease: Pain can begin to radiate from your shoulder into the side of your upper arm. Torn rotator cuff: Shoulder pain may radiate down your arm to the area of the elbow.
Why do I have a dull ache in my arm?
Although dull left arm pain can be due to an injury or a pinched nerve, there is a chance that it is a sign of a heart attack. A person should go to the emergency room or dial 911 right away if this is a possibility.
What does cardiac arm pain feel like?
The discomfort may feel like heaviness, fullness, squeezing, or pain. Discomfort in the upper body parts such as the arms, back, neck, jaw, or stomach. This may feel like pain or general discomfort.
What does a pinched nerve in the arm feel like?
Pinched nerve signs and symptoms include: Numbness or decreased sensation in the area supplied by the nerve. Sharp, aching or burning pain, which may radiate outward. Tingling, pins and needles sensations (paresthesia)