- 1 What is the opposite of overeating?
- 2 What are some synonyms for overeating?
- 3 What’s the opposite of excess?
- 4 What is a antonym for consuming?
- 5 What God says about overeating?
- 6 What are the symptoms of overeating?
- 7 What do you call people who overeat?
- 8 What is another word for hunger?
- 9 How do you describe over eating?
- 10 What does dearth mean?
- 11 What is the nearest meaning of excess?
- 12 What are excess words?
- 13 Which word mean the same as consume?
- 14 What’s another word for balance?
- 15 What are the types of antonyms?
What is the opposite of overeating?
▲ Opposite of gluttony, the act of eating to excess. abstemiousness. abstinence. moderation.
What are some synonyms for overeating?
What’s the opposite of excess?
excess. Antonyms: deficiency, failure, shortcoming, insufficiency, temperance, sobriety. Synonyms: advance, increase, abundance, redundancy, superfluity, extravagance, surplus, debauchery, intemperance.
What is a antonym for consuming?
consume. Antonyms: reject, supersede, disuse, discard. Synonyms: use, appropriate, burn, oat up, devour, spend, squander, assimilate, occupy, absorb, employ, utilize, waste, destroy, spoil, ravage, expend, pine, wither, decay.
What God says about overeating?
Proverbs 13:25 says a righteous man eats until his heart’s content or eats enough to satisfy his appetite. God’s desire is not for us to just eat enough to curb our appetite. He wants us to eat until our heart’s content, until our bellies are satisfied and full.
What are the symptoms of overeating?
Overeating causes the stomach to expand beyond its normal size to adjust to the large amount of food. The expanded stomach pushes against other organs, making you uncomfortable. This discomfort can take the form of feeling tired, sluggish or drowsy. Your clothes also may feel tight, too.
What do you call people who overeat?
People who chronically overeat may have a common eating disorder called a compulsive overeating. It is also known as binge eating. This eating disorder is marked by eating large amounts of food, by eating quickly (often to the point of discomfort), and by eating when no longer hungry.
What is another word for hunger?
Hunger Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus. What is another word for hunger?
How do you describe over eating?
Eating rapidly during binge episodes. Eating until you’re uncomfortably full. Frequently eating alone or in secret. Feeling depressed, disgusted, ashamed, guilty or upset about your eating.
What does dearth mean?
1: scarcity that makes dear specifically: famine. 2: an inadequate supply: lack a dearth of evidence.
What is the nearest meaning of excess?
Excess is too much of something, like big-time overindulgence. Although it spends most of its time as a noun, it can also be an adjective to describe “more than is required or needed,” like when excess water spills over the top of the bathtub, or those excess pounds spill over the top of your jeans.
What are excess words?
Words related to excess glut, waste, exuberance, surplus, overkill, extravagance, extreme, profusion, exorbitance, surfeit, plethora, superabundance, rest, wastefulness, residue, redundancy, lavishness, overload, enough, oversupply.
Which word mean the same as consume?
SYNONYMS. eat, eat up, devour, ingest, swallow, gobble, gobble up, wolf down, gorge oneself on, feast on. munch, snack on. drink, drink up, guzzle, gulp, gulp down, swill, imbibe, take, sup, sip, lap.
What’s another word for balance?
What is another word for balance?
What are the types of antonyms?
Types of Antonyms
- Complementary: Complementary antonyms have no middle ground. Examples include:
- Relational: These are similar to complementary antonyms, except that both must exist for them to be antonyms of each other.
- Graded: These antonyms deal with levels of comparison and they can be two words on a scale.